Community UCC is seeking an Office Manager to provide administrative support to the pastors, staff, and church. A complete position description can be viewed below. In order to ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by July 9, 2018. Please email a letter of application and résumé, along with the names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Community UCC conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Successful candidates will demonstrate professionalism, timeliness, attention to detail, computer skills, and social media savvy, in addition, an understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of CUCC.
Community United Church of Christ
Office Manager — Job Description
Reports to: Pastor/Head of Staff Status: Part-time
Directly supervises: NIA FLSA: Non-exempt
The Office Manager will provide administrative and office support for Community United Church of Christ, its Staff, Volunteers, and Pastor/Head of Staff.
- Present a professional, welcoming, inclusive, and helpful demeanor at all times
- Promptly and professionally answer and respond to phone calls, emails, and communication
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Pastor/Head of Staff, as well as CUCC Staff and Volunteers as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Pastor/Head of Staff, CUCC Staff, and Volunteers to prepare materials needed for the life and work of the church
- Order and stock supplies for CUCC’s use, including but not limited to, supplies used in the office, in worship, and by the programs of the church
- Develop a strong relationship with CUCC community of Clergy, Staff, and Volunteers in order to further the ministry of the church
- Work with and assist in coordinating Volunteers to further the life and work of the church
- Manage parking space rentals and monitor parking lot use
- Manage registration and travel for events
- Manage CUCC’s calendar, coordinate building use applications, building tours, fee collection, and key distribution
- Maintain/update membership database, keep current with training to manage database, and use database to prepare membership directory annually
- Perform CUCC social media and website maintenance
- Participate in weekly check-ins with the Pastor/Head of Staff regarding Essential Functions and monthly check-ins regarding Core Competencies
- Other duties as negotiated and agreed upon
- Participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Staff special events of CUCC as negotiated and agreed upon
- Provide clerical support to the United Church Foundation (Campus Ministry) as negotiated and agreed upon
- Successful completion of a background-check per CUCC policy
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer skills: demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office programs, Canva, website hosts, and social media including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter
- Clerical skills: good grammar and editing abilities, word processing, Breeze membership management (training provided), software spreadsheets/budgets, use of office equipment
- Able to move freely in church office setting
- Able to do moderate lifting and physical labor associated with office work
- Attention to Detail: Consistently attends to the many small pieces which must be assembled into an organized whole; follows up on missing or out of balance items; resolves unanswered questions needed to address a problem; keeps the larger picture in mind while tending to the smallest of details.
- Integrity and Trust: Is seen as trustworthy by others; practices direct, honest and transparent communication; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t operate with hidden agendas; responds to situations with constancy and reliability.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establishes good working relationships with all others who are relevant to the completion of work; works well with people at all levels of the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; considers the impact of their actions on others; uses diplomacy and tact; is approachable; avoids communication triangles.
- Mission Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of CUCC. Can teach those values to others. Leads their leadership team to identify unique mission and vision, which is in line with the mission and vision of CUCC.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understand how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
- Time Management: Is able and willing to focus time on tasks that contribute to organizational goals; Uses time effectively and efficiently; values time and respects the time of others; concentrates their efforts on the most important priorities; can appropriately balance priorities.
- Verbal Communication: Is able to deliver a message clearly, articulately and with appropriate emotion in a variety of settings; demonstrates communication styles appropriate to the situation at hand; adjusts the message, without losing the essence of the message, depending upon the circumstance and the listener.
- Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly; employs correct grammar, punctuation and patterns of speech; clearly delivers message in a tone appropriate to the context.